Sunday, December 16, 2012

Yup, I'm one of THOSE pet moms!

All my children, including my furry ones, have personalized ornaments - and getting them out every year is a wonderful bittersweet reminder of all the wonderful canine companions I've had over the years.

There was Fritzy (1978 - 1990), Morgan (1994 - 2006), Jack (2004 - 2012), Pearl (2006 - present) and now Oreo (2012 ).

Of all of them - Oreo has been the hardest to find an ornament for.
With her distinct facial marking, I wanted something that would come close to capturing her cuteness. - and it wasn't easy.

So, I commissioned an ornament from Doggerel Designs on Etsy - and, while I didn't think it would get here before Christmas, it arrived yesterday.

I'm pleased - it's the closest I've found so far...


I DO love how she got her tail right!

I guess I just have to reconcile myself
to the reality that 
when you have the cutest puppy
in the known universe
any approximation 
is going to come up short!


Right, Oreo?

Hey,
don't stick your tongue out at me; 
I'm doing the best I can to find the right ornament
for you...

be patient!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Donna! Your pups are gorgeous. The ornament is perfect, I sell on Etsy too so I know my way around the site but haven't been able to find their shop. Do you have a link? Thanks, and noggin smooches to your two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.etsy.com/shop/DoggerelDesigns?ref=shopinfo_shophome_leftnav

      Not sure they have anything listed at the moment, but I love this seller!

      Delete